Sunday, April 13, 2014

O Canada!

    I cannot believe it has been one year since I left my hometown in Brazil to venture in the True North strong and free. I confess I did not know exactly what to expect since I was travelling alone and did not know anybody. Upon my arrival, my life has changed upside down, and for better! I have had a chance to meet people from all over the world and to improve my English. I visited beautiful places and cities, such as Quebec City, Montreal, and Ottawa. Also, I worked in a restaurant for four months and, truth be told, I discovered I enjoy cooking! All this time I have been far from my family and friends has been a time of self-reflection and self-discovery. I am looking forward to finding out what future holds and I am committed to achieving my goals! O, Canada, what hast thou for me now? 

No comments:

Post a Comment